WHAT SIZE BACKDROP DO I NEED?
Here is our backdrops size guide, helping you decide what size you may need.
• The standard size of 60 x 90cm or 2 x 3ft is the most commonly purchased. This is large enough for small products and food whether you want angled shots or flat lays and most scenes can be accommodated with this size. This size can be clamped or taped up at one end to give a seamless background to your shots, and is small enough to be easily rolled, transported and stored. Our 6-way phone stand fits over the top perfectly.
• When it comes to backdrops, bigger is better. 80 x 120cm is an ideal size for food and product shoots, giving you more creative and compositional freedom.
• Businesses that video or photograph top down shots of cookery tend to purchase larger sizes, 100 x 150cm or 120 x 120cm, to allow a bit more space to spread out during the process.
• 1.5 x 2.5m is a great size for single person 3/4 portraits or headshots. It is also a great size for newborn shoots, either front on or overhead shots.
* For cake smash photo shoots, either two 1.5 x 2.5m, one for the floor and one for the wall would be great, or one continuous backdrop 2.5 x 5m.
* Full length portraits will require 1.5 x 3.2m and the wider width of 2.5 x 3.2m if you are photographed couples or small groups.
• Businesses that photograph larger item have purchased even bigger sizes, to suit their needs. Enquire for custom size backdrops.