Backdrop and Prop FAQs
If your items are in stock they will be posted the following day.
If your items need to be printed they will usually be posted in 5-10 days. You will be alerted to this with a message that appears on the product page when you click the size you require.
You will receive a tracking number via email once your order is packaged and ready to go.
Please be aware that couriers can take longer than the advertised 2-3 days.
• Use a diffuser when you want to soften the hard lines that direct sunlight creates. If you don't own one, a muslin cloth or shower curtain taped up to a window works well.
• Use white foam core board as a reflector to bring extra light into deep shadows. Just place it opposite your main light source and angle it towards your product.
• An additional foam core board is useful to create a fake wall at the back of your scene.
• You may also need sticky putty, masking tape and spring clamps to create your scene.
Essentially you can take great photos with a very basic setup. In terms of camera equipment, a phone camera can be all you need. You may find these tips on taking product photos with your camera phone useful.
Here is our backdrops size guide, helping you decide what size you may need.
• The standard size of 60 x 90cm or 2 x 3ft is the most commonly purchased. This is large enough for small products and food whether you want angled shots or flat lays and most scenes can be accommodated with this size. This size can be clamped or taped up at one end to give a seamless background to your shots, and is small enough to be easily rolled, transported and stored. Our 6-way phone stand fits over the top perfectly.
• When it comes to backdrops, bigger is better. 80 x 120cm is an ideal size for food and product shoots, giving you more creative and compositional freedom.
• Businesses that video or photograph top down shots of cookery tend to purchase larger sizes, 100 x 150cm or 120 x 120cm, to allow a bit more space to spread out during the process.
• 1.5 x 2.5m is a great size for single person 3/4 portraits or headshots. It is also a great size for newborn shoots, either front on or overhead shots.
* For cake smash photo shoots, wither two 1.5 x 2.5m, one for the floor and one for the wall would be great, or one continuous backdrop 2.5 x 5m.
* Full length portraits will require 1.5 x 3.2m at least to allow people to move around and longer if you need more of a sweep on the floor and the wider width of 2.5 x 3.2m if you are photographed couples or small groups.
• Businesses that photograph larger item have purchased even bigger sizes, to suit their needs.
Custom designs are the perfect solution to boost your brand identity. We can print plain colours of your choice, your own images, or we can customise one of the designs that we already have.
Your business has its own specific culture and style, so let this shine with a custom made vinyl backdrop.